Jump to navigation
Chandrakant S. Desai
Regents Professor Emeritus of Civil and Architectural Engineering and Mechanics
- BE, University of Bombay, India, 1959
- MS, Rice University, Houston, Texas, 1966
- PhD, University of Texas, Austin, Texas, 1968
- Member of about 15 societies and associations, including ASCE (elected Distinguished Member), ASME, ASEE, ASTM, Rock Mechanics, Computational Mechanics, Institution of Structural Engineer (UK), International Association of Computer Methods and Advances in Geomechanics, American Academy of Mechanics (elected Fellow), and Registered Professional Engineer (Mississippi).
- Material modeling and testing, flow in deformable media and computer methods in civil, mechanical and electrical engineering, and engineering mechanics.
- Introduction to Finite Elements Method
- Advanced Finite Element Method
- Constitutive Laws of Engineering Materials
- Material Testing
- Soil-Structure Interaction