Each year, the College of Engineering and its departments award a number of merit-based scholarships. A committee of faculty and advising staff meets annually to select awardees. Apply for these scholarships through the University of Arizona’s Scholarship Universe.
More information on undergraduate scholarships and financial aid is available through the College of Engineering.
Additionally, the UA Veterans Education & Transition Services lists military-affiliated financial resources
Below is an extensive list of scholarship opportunities curated by the department.
- AZSCE branch scholarships are available annually to CAEM undergraduate students active in the UA student chapter of the American Society of Civil Engineers.
- The Arizona Bridge Technical Committee provides a $1,500 scholarship to one deserving junior or senior undergraduate or graduate student with a major emphasis in structures.
- AfterCollege administers variety of STEM scholarships.
- The Rocky Mountain Electric League awards scholarships to undergraduates in majors related to the electric energy industry.
- Top prize in the WyzAnt Scholarship Contest on social media is $10,000.
Construction Scholarships and Competitions
- Arizona Builders Alliance Bill Lloyd Scholarship, due February
- American Society of Civil Engineers Scholarships for undergraduate student members, due February
- AIC Francis R. Dugan Scholarship, due February
- AzSCE Bridge Technical Committee David Lawson Memorial Scholarship, for students pursuing careers in bridge construction, due February
- Harold Ashton Scholarship (PDF), apply through the UA Scholarship Universe, due March
- Achen-Gardner Mike Kolling Memorial Scholarship, apply through UA Scholarship Universe, due March
- The Beavers Heavy Engineering Construction Scholarship, apply through UA Scholarship Universe, due March
- Women in Construction Conference, due March
- Lodine Robinson National Association of Women in Construction Scholarship, due March
- DBIA Western Pacific Region Scholarship, due April
- ExxonMobil Latinos on Fast Track Fellowship Program, due April
- American Public Works Association – Southern Arizona Branch Scholarship, due April
- Simpson Strong-Tie Structural Engineering/Architecture Student Scholarship – supports education and encourages the design and building of safer structures in our communities, due April
- CMAA Foundation Scholarships, due April
- CMAA Foundation Francis Keville Memorial Scholarship, for minority and female students, due April
- Arizona Transportation Builders Association Maggie Mozingo Scholarship (PDF), for high school seniors, due April
- Construction Institute’s Student Days – learn about careers in construction, meet industry professionals and network with potential employers, due May
- American Council of Engineering Companies of Arizona Scholarship – supports education of employees and family members of member firms, due May
- Kiewit Women’s Construction Leadership Seminar, due October
- American Society of Professional Estimators Undergraduate Scholarship (PDF), due May
- American Society of Highway Engineers, for students pursuing careers in highway construction, due June
- National Association of Women in Construction Tucson Chapter 122 Scholarship, due July
- Design-Build Institute of America Student Competition – teams submit a request for qualifications for a unique building project then shortlisted teams respond to a request for proposal, due September
- Associated Schools of Construction Student Competition and Annual Conference – teams compete in construction activities related to heavy civil, commercial, mixed use, design-build, virtual design and construction, sustainable buildings, concrete, project risk, and more – due October
- Associated General Contractors of America Undergraduate and Graduate Scholarships, due November