Student Clubs & Organizations
Build Friendships and a Better Future
Learning in the UA College of Engineering doesn’t end when class lets out. CAEM students in clubs and organizations practice their skills, make valuable industry connections, and form lasting friendships. Visit UA Engineering for a list of all clubs and organizations, and see below for CAEM’s samplings.
Celebrate Club Successes
In this recent UA College of Engineering story about touring with teammates, see how students characterize their club experiences.
- The UA chapter of the Associated General Contractors | Dean Papajohn, P.E. is sponsored by the Arizona Builders Alliance and brings industry professionals to speak and coach teams for regional and national competitions.
- Students studying civil engineering, construction management and architecture participate in national competitions with the UA chapter of the Design-Build Institute of America | Dean Papajohn, P.E.
- In the UA branch of the Institute of Transportation Engineers, students learn about the latest technology and traffic systems and connect with professionals.
- The UA Society of Civil Engineers, a chapter of the American Society of Civil Engineers, does community service and design projects, like building and racing concrete canoes. They also network with professionals, which often results in internships and job offers.
- Expand your social network and skills in Women in Civil Engineering, a group for undergraduates and graduate students.
- Connect with a mentor in UA Rise Together Mentoring for Women in CAEM. Our promise to every woman enrolled in CAEM is to pair you with an industry mentor if you so choose. Students and mentors typically meet once a month at an agreed-upon time.
- Find out how to get involved in the Engineering Student Council, the college's student governing body.
- Members of the UA chapter of Tau Beta Pi, the National Engineering Honor Society, uphold and advance the integrity, honor and dignity of the engineering profession.
- Engineering Ambassadors represent the College of Engineering at recruitment, industry and alumni events. They lead campus and lab tours and participate in student panels.
- CATalyst does fun STEM outreach with local elementary, middle and high school students.
- Start living your dream in UA's Engineers Without Borders chapter, and make a difference for people in your communities and around the world.
- Help the UA Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers organize its next STEM community event, network at an organization conference, support classmates and make friends.
- The Society of Women Engineers supports students and ensures women are recognized for their life-changing engineering and leadership contributions and achievements.
- National Society of Black Engineers students excel academically, succeed professionally and positively affect their communities.