Professor of Systems and Industrial Engineering
Associate Professor of Civil and Architectural Engineering and Mechanics
|Wei-Hua Lin received the Ph.D. degree in civil engineering from University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, USA. He is currently an Associate Professor with the Department of Systems and Industrial Engineering, University of Arizona, Tuczon, AZ, USA. He was a Postdoctoral Researcher in the PATH program, University of California at Berkeley. His research interests include optimization in intelligent transportation systems, logistics, and transportation network analysis. Dr. Lin is a past member of the Intelligent Transportation Systems Committee of the Transportation Research Board, National Research Council of the United States.|
Transportation engineering, traffic flow theory, traffic operation, logistics, statistical analysis of transportation data, operations research and computer applications in transportation, and transportation network analysis.
Traffic flow modeling, information technologies in transportation, transportation data analysis, transportation network, analysis and modeling, freeway incident management, application of advanced technologies in transit operations, and application of computer simulation to transportation analysis.
Simul Modeling + Anls
SIE 431 (Spring 2019)
SIE 431 (Fall 2018)
SIE 431 (Fall 2017)
SIE 431 (Spring 2017)
SIE 431 (Fall 2016)
SIE 531 (Spring 2019)
SIE 531 (Fall 2018)
SIE 531 (Fall 2017)
SIE 531 (Spring 2017)
SIE 531 (Fall 2016)
SIE 546 (Spring 2019)
SIE 546 (Spring 2017)
CE 561 (Fall 2017)
SIE 561 (Fall 2017)
SIE 599 (Summer I 2016)
SIE 900 (Fall 2018)
SIE 909 (Fall 2017)
SIE 909 (Spring 2017)
SIE 920 (Fall 2018)
SIE 920 (Spring 2018)
SIE 920 (Fall 2017)
SIE 920 (Spring 2017)
SIE 920 (Fall 2016)
- Lin, W. H. (2017). Incorporating Travel Time Uncertainty into the Design of Service Regions for Delivery/Pickup Problems with Time Windows. Expert Systems with Applications.
- Lin, W. H. (2017). Measuring Fine-Grained Metro Interchange Time via Smartphones. Transportation research part C: emerging technologies.
- Lin, W. H. (2017). Ranking Cities for Safety Investigation by Potential for Safety Improvement. Journal of Transportation Safety and Security.
- Xue, Z., Lin, W., Miao, L., & Zhang, C. (2014). Local container drayage problem with tractor and trailer operating in separable mode. Flexible Services and Manufacturing Journal, 1-20.
- Xue, Z., Zhang, C., Lin, W., Miao, L., & Yang, P. (2014). A tabu search heuristic for the local container drayage problem under a new operation mode. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 62, 136-150.
- Chen, C., Liu, Z., Lin, W., Shuangshuang, L. i., & Wang, K. (2013). Distributed modeling in a mapreduce framework for data-driven traffic flow forecasting. IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 14(1), 22-33.
- Cheng, Y., Tan, J., & Lin, W. (2013). Allocating the cost of empty railcar miles in a dynamic railroad network. International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics, 5(3), 350-366.
- Lei, C., Lin, W. H., & Miao, L. (2013). The stochastic emergency service vehicle re-routing problem. Proceedings of the 18th International Conference of Hong Kong Society for Transportation Studies, HKSTS 2013 - Travel Behaviour and Society, 625-632.
- Lei, C., Lin, W., Miao, L., & Mingyao, Q. i. (2013). Stochastic mobile facility routing and scheduling problem. IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Proceedings, ITSC, 1823-1828.
- Lo, H. K., Kun, A. n., & Lin, W. (2013). Ferry service network design under demand uncertainty. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 59, 48-70.
- Tong, D., Lin, W., & Stein, A. (2013). Integrating the Directional Effect of Traffic into Geostatistical Approaches for Travel Time Estimation. International Journal of Intelligent Transportation Systems Research, 11(3), 101-112.
- Xue, Z., Zhang, C., Miao, L., & Lin, W. (2013). An ant colony algorithm for yard truck scheduling and yard location assignment problems with precedence constraints. Journal of Systems Science and Systems Engineering, 22(1), 21-37.
- Mingyao, Q. i., Lin, W., Nan, L. i., & Miao, L. (2012). A spatiotemporal partitioning approach for large-scale vehicle routing problems with time windows. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 48(1), 248-257.
- Wangtu, X. u., Miao, L., & Lin, W. (2012). Stochastic user equilibrium assignment in schedule-based transit networks with capacity constraints. Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, 2012.
- Gan, M., Lin, W., Chen, S., & Huang, X. (2011). A novel bi-level programming model for facility location in supply chain network design. ICTE 2011 - Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Transportation Engineering, 2334-2339.
- Lin, W. H. (2017, October). Multi-warehouse Package Consolidation for Split Order Fulfillment in Online Supermarkets. INFORMS Houston, 2017.
- Lin, W. H. (2017, October). Traffic Equilibrium in a System with Interactions Between Drivers and Traffic Control. INFORMS Houston.
- Lin, W. H., & Lee, A. (2017, April). Congestion Ranking in Major US Cities. Invited Seminar at Pima Association of Governments.
- NITC Dissertation Fellowship Award
- Federal Highway Administration, Fall 2017