For 2019, Burning Glass reports 5,720 job postings in Arizona related to construction management and 216,533 nationally. Job opportunities for construction managers is expected to grow 24.8% in Arizona by 2028. Average salary for new graduates is about $60,000.
The curriculum for the UA CEM certificate consists of 12 units (9 units of upper level coursework) that each build your knowledge base in construction engineering management.
- ARCE210: Building Information Modeling for Engineers (3 units)
- CE251: Elementary Surveying (3 units)
- CE381: Construction Engineering Management (3 units)
- CE482/582: Construction Project Planning, Scheduling and Control (3 units)
- CE483/583: Construction Cost Estimating (3 units)
- CE293, 393 or 493: Internship credit limited to students without a bachelor’s degree
Read more about the Construction Engineering Management certificate in this article.